posted Apr 5, 2017, 6:45 AM by Deb WICKLIFFE
SDOC will hold 4K (Pre-K) screenings on April 27, 28, & 29 and May 1 & 2. To schedule a screening appointment for your child, please use the following links, or call 864-886-4503. (Online form-English - Online form-Spanish) The 4K program is for children who will be four on or before September 1, 2017. All screenings will be held at Oconee Academy, 177 Razorback Lane, Walhalla, SC 29691.
Please bring the following items with you to the assigned screening appointment:
- Child’s state issued (long form) birth certificate
- Child’s social security card
- Child’s Medicaid card or parent/guardian Proof of Income
(If your child does not receive Medicaid, proof of income for both parent(s)/guardian(s) will be required. This includes step-parents if they assume responsibility. Proof of income can be W2 forms, income tax forms, or pay stubs.)
- Driver’s license or identification card of parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Proof of residency (a piece of mail with parent/guardian’s name and home address such as a utility bill or lease agreement; must be something that shows service to the home)
- Child’s immunization form or Religious Exemption Certificate (provided by the Health Department)
- Legal documentation as it pertains to the child (such as custody, court, safety plans, etc.), if applicable
Due to the district’s limited number of 4K programs, screening does not ensure a child’s placement in a 4K program. However, a child cannot be placed in a 4K program unless he or she is screened.
Children who meet eligibility requirements can attend 4K free, as long as space is available. If openings are available after all eligible children have been placed, there may be an option for fee-based students to attend 4K.