The vision of the School District of Oconee County is to be a top 10 district in the state.
We believe that . . .
- Education is a lifelong process.
- Education must be relevant to the needs of the changing technological society in which it operates.
- Education must address the physical, cultural, social, emotional, and cognitive needs of students.
- Education must provide the opportunity for students to learn to communicate effectively, solve problems, think critically and creatively, and act responsibly.
- All students can learn.
- Students must have the opportunity to learn in a physically and emotionally safe environment.
- Students must have the opportunity and responsibility to be actively involved in the learning process.
- Students must be the center of an educational process that is valued and shared by the home, business, and community.
- Parents and guardians must have the opportunity to accept the responsibility to actively support the learning process.
- All individuals must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Education must be responsible for helping to prepare students to be productive, contributing members of society.
Earnestine Williams (Title IX);
contact (864) 886-4400 ext 6121
Michelle Grant (504/ADA Coordinator);
contact (864) 886-4400 ext 6135
Ginger Hopkins (Title II)
contact (864) 886-4400 ext 6126